Check this page regularly for updates regarding COVID-19.
5/15/2020 COVID-19 Update:
We have some good news! Peace Lutheran Church will be meeting for in-person worship beginning May 31 at 8:30 am and 11:00 am. We are confident that we are able to open in a safe manner with a number of precautions and considerations in place. Future developments regarding COVID-19 could push this date back, as we continue to adhere to local and state guidelines. Keeping this in mind, we believe it is important to give the congregation advance notice to prepare and educate everyone on what Peace is doing, and what we are expecting from the congregation to make in-person worship services happen.
We ask that you take the time to complete a short survey. Please read through the guidelines below before completing the survey. The results of this survey will help us plan accordingly in the re-opening process. Please submit your response by Sunday, May 24.
During the early stages of reopening, worship will look different. Here is what you can expect at Peace as you join us for in-person worship:
- Prior to gathering in our building, Peace will be cleaned and sanitized by a professional cleaning company.
- For the safety of ourselves and others, all staff and volunteers will be in masks. Those prepping and serving communion will also be wearing gloves.
- We will not be handing out bulletins. Want to bring the bulletin with you to worship? Download the PeaceChurch App prior to worship. The download link may be found at the bottom of this email. The bulletin will be available on the App to follow along during the service. A PDF of the Bulletin will also be posted on our Facebook Page
- All hymnals, pens, welcome cards, and envelopes have been removed from the pews, as well as children’s bags from the lobby to prevent items from being touched by numerous people.
- Please register your attendance by checking in on the PeaceChurch App or online as you arrive or before/after services. Click Here to Check In Online
- Seating in the Sanctuary will follow social distancing guidelines to keep yourself and others safe. Pews will be taped off to restrict access. Please be respectful of these restricted pews, as they guarantee social distancing. We will have staff and volunteers available on Sundays to help with seating or questions if needed. A Family unit of 4 or more (defined as a group of people that came in the same vehicle, or lives in the same house) will have an entire pew to themselves.
- Hand Sanitizing stations are located at each sanctuary entrance and we encourage you to use them as you enter and exit the Sanctuary.
- We have removed all lobby furniture to discourage congregating in the lobby.
- Access to the Kitchen and Fellowship Hall will be prohibited to prevent the spread of germs and limit the number of areas that must be sanitized.
- On Sunday, May 31, there will be no Sunday school, Nursery Care, or access to the Family Room. Sunday School classes will continue to meet online during their scheduled Zoom meeting time.
- Coffee will not be available during this time. We ask that you refrain from bringing food or drinks into the Sanctuary.
- We will be sanitizing the sanctuary, lobby and restrooms, as well as door handles between services.
- There will be baskets placed up front to collect your offerings as you come forward for Communion. Please note there will be no envelopes or pens available in the pew racks.
Here is what we are asking from you as you attend worship at Peace:
- If you are not feeling well, are sick, running a fever, coughing, or sneezing, we ask that you please stay home and join us for worship online.
- We are encouraging those with pre-existing health conditions, and those over 65 to consider joining us for online worship during the early stages of re-opening. Read the CDC Article regarding People Who Need Extra Precautions Here.
- We highly recommend the wearing of masks, but it is not required. Please be aware that not everyone in attendance will be wearing a mask.
- There will be no greeting your neighbor or sharing of the peace with those around you. Greet those closest to you with a verbal greeting.
- Please make use of the Hand Sanitizing stations located at each Sanctuary entrance as you enter and on your way out.
- We ask that you respect social distancing guidelines from others at all times.
- We understand emergencies happen, but we are asking that restrooms be used for emergency purposes only. Please refrain from using the restrooms in non-emergency situations. If you must use them, please sanitize immediately, by washing your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
We understand there are a lot of restrictions and guidelines to keep in mind. By following these, we are able, in good conscience to join together for in-person worship.
If you are more comfortable staying home given these guidelines and precautions please continue to join us for online worship. Online worship is available via Facebook, our Website, or our YouTube Page. Our worship team will continue to lead us in worship and prayer as we navigate through this season. Don’t forget to take a moment and check-in (digital welcome card) when you worship with us online. The link to check-in, a link to submit prayer requests, and access to Online Giving will be with the videos as they get posted. If you have any questions on how to access online Worship, please contact .
Thank you for your continued prayers and support, your patience and understanding as we face this pandemic together in faith rather than fear.
If you have any questions, please contact .